Friday, February 11, 2011

FINALLY.... Back on Track

I cannot believe that my last entry was back in August.  Such a shame to miss months of entries!!  Unfortunately my blog switched over to Japanese and I couldn't figure out how to get it swiched back to English.
I even considered starting a new blog, or changing the server.... but I think life got going, and it got put on the back burner.  But coming back after the holidays, my sweet sweet friend here in Tokyo, Stefanie Aers, a fellow Blog*Spot Girl was willing to take some time with me and sort it out.  YIPPIE!  We are back in business.  Stefanie was able to figure it was one lil' tiny setting that needed to be switched back to English!  You Rock Stefanie!!! Thank You !! Thank You!! Thank YOU!!!

So, now the question presented is where do I start??? "Last Semester" as Jeff and I call it went so quickly, and so well!  I think we all came into it having much time to prepare our hearts and minds, and for me personally I had very low expectations, to not set myself up for too much homesickness!  And it worked!

Coming back after the holidays, however, I was not as well prepared... so I have been struggling - missing everyone back home SO MUCH!   It is hard being away- and we hope and pray our relationships will always stay strong in spite of the distance!

We had many adventures throughout the fall, as some of you have seen on Facebook. One of the pupil free days the kids had off school, we decided to get a taste of America at Tokyo Disneyland..... OOPS! Not the best move.  Come to find out it was during a week where there were two National Holidays here, so many, many.... many people had taken time off to go to Disneyland.  We think we were the only "foreigners" in the park! It was SO hot, and SO Busy,but it still had all the magic! We spent Thanksgiving Day climbing Mt. Takoe during the peek of Fall colors here, we went up into the Tokyo Tower and saw amazing views of Tokyo, and took a get-away to Hakone to explore the sights there, and take in all it had to offer.

But most of all, God blessed us with a smooth transition here, helping us to meet lots of people, establish some friendships, and helped us to stay safe and sound and we found our way around our new city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment